Our LawGram is a publication detailing issues of interest to our clients. To subscribe to the LawGram, email us at email@example.com
- Walker R. Lawrence and Abbey L. Lerner have Joined Levin Ginsburg
- Michael Weissman Wins Addis E. Hull Award
- Keeping your Trade Secrets Safe: The Runaway Employee
- Our Company is a US Company – Do We Care About GDPR?
- Illinois Appellate Court Recognizes Common Interest Exception to the Waiver of Attorney-Client and Work-Product Privilege
- Is Your Business BIPA Compliant?
- How Do You Value a Business for Buy-Sell Purposes?
- Howard L. Teplinsky and Katherine A. Grosh have Joined Levin Ginsburg
- LG Privacy and Data Security Practice Group
- Privacy and the Applicant
- Recent Revisions to Illinois Limited Liability Company Act
- Reminder to Chicago Landlords: Tenants Must be Notified of a Pending Foreclosure Action
- United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals Extends Protection Against Discrimination in the Workplace to Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation
- Your Trademark – Their Domain…
- Administrative Dissolution May Breach a Company’s Third-Party Contracts
- 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange: What Transactional Expenses are Boot?
- The Illinois Freedom to Work Act: New Illinois Law Prohibits Non-compete Agreements With ‘Low-Wage’ Employees
- Trademarks: Don’t Describe. . . . Suggest
- Don’t Say That Online!
- Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 Signed into Law
- Significant Change to Overtime Exemption Rule
- Website Accessibility
- Welcome Robert G. Cooper and Anthony R. Ochs
- Illinois Adopts Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act
- Do Trademarks Create a Brand Monopoly?
- Want to get a Photography Business Started in Illinois?
- The Lo-Profit Limited Liability Company: Commercial Capital, Social Benefit
- Employment Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Agreements: Fifield Is Still The Law In Illinois-For Now
- The Illinois Independent Tax Tribunal: A New Form To Dispute Certain Tax Protests
- New Cook County Wage Theft Ordinance Applicable To Cook County Employers
- BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING: Who Will be the Next Leader of Your Business?
- The Intersection of Employee Handbooks and Social Media
- REMINDER: New Illinois Law Limits an Employer’s Ability to Inquire Into Job Applicant’s Criminal History
- New Property Tax Incentive Classification to Stimulate Real Estate Development in Cook County
- Do You Have A Proper Business Succession Plan In Effect? A Typical Estate Plan May Not Be Enough.
- Landlord’s Beware: Five Common Violations of the Chicago Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance
- The Necessity of Paying Condominium Assessments After a Purchase in a Foreclosure Sale
- Business Continuity Planning: Who Will be the Next Leader of Your Business?
- The Legal Side of Catered Affairs
- Happy Anniversary Levin Ginsburg!
- BitTorent Lawsuits: “Copyright Trolls” Sue Thousands of “John Doe” Defendants for Illegal Sharing and Downloading
- llinois Appellate Court Rules that Less Than Two Years Continued Employment is Insufficient Consideration to Enforce Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- The Importance of Proper Trademark Selection
- How Does the National Labor Relations Act Impact the Nonunion Workplace?
- Welcome Harry E. Bartosiak
- Illinois Supreme Court Clears Way for Enforcement of Non-Competes
- Employee Conducts Ponzi Scheme: Does Employer’s Insurance Provide Coverage?
- Welcome Dean J. Tatooles and Cynthia B. Stevens
- Ownership and Management Succession – Transfers to Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts
- Identifying and Avoiding Business Scams in the Electronic Age
- Congratulations Jonathan Weis
- Congratulations Karen Hammersmith
- Risks of Employees’ Use of Social Media
- Commercial Mortgages in Crisis: Protecting Lenders, Landlords and Tenants
- Do You and Your Partners Have a Buy-Sell Agreement?
- The CARD Act: Congress Deals Out Restrictions on the Credit Card Industry
- Is Your Family Business Ready for Ownership Succession?
- Making an Old Law Do New Tricks
- Levin Ginsburg at Sundance
- Congratulations Joseph Ginsburg
- Imperative for Our Times: Business Succession Planning
- Employers Beware: Government to Crack Down on Misclassification of Workers
- Regulators Ease Up on Lenders and Borrowers
- Welcome Kristen Hengtgen
- There’s No Business Like Show Business
- Thank You to Survey Participants
- The Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act: Residential Developers Beware!
- COBRA Changes in the Stimulus Act of 2009
- When an “Official Notice” is Not What It Seems
- Welcome Michael L. Weissman
- Planning Your Future: Estate Planning for Families with Children
- Enforcement of E-mail Policies: Consistency is Essential
- Introducing Jeffrey M. Galkin
- Attention Chicago Landlords!
- Staking Out Your Piece of Cyberspace
- How an Employee’s Divorce May Affect Your Business
- What Every Business Needs to Know About the New Illinois Employee Classification Act
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Are Your Customers Accessing Your Website?
- New Illinois Law Imposes Notification Requirements on Businesses That Maintain Personal Information
- The New I-9
- What You Need to Know About Mechanic’s Liens in Illinois
- Illinois Series LLC’s: Cost Effective Means to Limit Liability
- Conducting Business On-Line? How to be e-Ready for e-Business
- New Electronic Discovery Guidelines: Is Your Business ready?
- Is Your Business a “Manufacturer”? Tax Advantages of the American Job Creations Act of 2004
- Stay in Good Standing: E-File Annual Reports
- Will Your Business Succeed Without You?
- Steps to Consider Before You Buy Your Office Space
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Your Business
- Just the Fax
A number of articles by Levin Ginsburg, including more in-depth versions of the articles from our LawGram, are made available here as links or as downloadable PDFs.
- Tipping Point– from Next Course, Fall 2014 Issue
- Protecting Trade Secrets in Cyberspace – from ISBA Intellectual Property Vol. 47, No. 3
- Buy-Sell Agreements – from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 3
- Are Your Customers Accessing Your Website – from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 3
- New Illinois Law Imposes Notification Requirements on Business That Maintain Personal Information– from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 3
- What You Need to Know About Mechanic’s Liens in Illinois– from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 3
- How to be e-Ready for e-Business: a Legal Perspective– from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 2
- Benefits of the American Job Creations Act of 2004 – from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 2
- Electronic Discovery Procedures – from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 2
- Illinois Series LLC’s: Cost Effective Means to Limit Liability– from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 2
- Buying Your Office Building – from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 1
- Alternative Dispute Resolution– from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 1
- Just the Fax– from LawGram Vol. 7, No. 1
Risk Management Association
Commercial Loan Documentation
Feb. 4, 2013
Feb. 5, 2013
April 22, 2013
April 23, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 9, 2013
Illinois State Bar Association
Commercial Loans: Lender Liability
November 20, 2014
Risk Management Association
November 21, 2014